Providing high quality examinations in a safe environment is our first priority. We actively follow measures of quality care and review every complication to provide a better service to our patient’s.
Some of the measures of care that we track
- Rates at which the last part of the colon is reached (Cecum intubation rates)
- Withdrawal times from the cecum.
- Adenomatous polyp detection rates
- Complication rates eg. Bleeding, pain after procedures, perforation , unplanned events
- Surveilance intervals following colon polyps and cancer
- Bowel preparation quality
Current standards for cecal intubation rates suggest 95% or more as a goal. Our rates of cecal intubation in the last year are 98%
Current standards for withdrawal time suggest a minimum of 6 minutes. Our recorded average is 9 minutes and all exams exceed 6 minutes.
Adenoma detection rate standards are 25% for men and 15% for women. Our adenoma detection rate for 2010 is 30% overall.
Current standards for expected perforation rates are .1%. Our perforation rates remain steady at .03% over four years.
These are but a few of the examples of our attention to quality care.